Creoleparser is a Python module for converting Creole wiki markup for output on the web. It is a full implementation of the Creole 1.0 specification and aims to follow the spec exactly.
What is Creole?
From wikicreole.org: Creole is a common wiki markup language to be used across different wikis. It's not replacing existing markup but instead enabling wiki users to transfer content seamlessly across wikis, and for novice users to contribute more easily.
Here are some key features of "Creoleparser":
· Creoleparser is a complete and robust Creole 1.0 implementation, plus optional additions (see Syntax).
· Uses Genshi - the Python toolkit for generation of output for the web
· guarantees well formed xml output by default
· can instantly switch between HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0 (or other formats) (see Parser)
· many other useful features
· Advanced macro support.
· Runs on Google App Engine!