BibTexGui is an application that provides an editor for bibtex files. After using it personally for some while, I have at one point decided to provide it publicly under the GPL. BibTexGui is written in java and should work on all java supported platforms. However the Build system currently only works on unix based systems.
BibTexGui's purpose is to provide an easy editor for bibtex files. If you have suggestions or, preferably, patches, please let me know and I will try to see whether I can add it.
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· This version has various user interface improvements.
· It also has a corrected parser that can handle parentheses in the items among various other fixes.
· It works with JDK 1.5 only.
· Adding items works better.
· The positioning is left to the native window manager.
· The abstract box properly resizes while writing the abstract.
· The main fix is the parser that accepts a lot more BibTeX variations and doesn't choke on certain things.
· The automatic parenthesizing is also smarter.