Bare XML project is a XML parser with all primary parsing done via a simple state engine with about 20 or so different states. A tree structure is created during parsing, with all node names and values linked via pointers directly into the original text buffer.
As such, Bare XML is extremely fast and simple. Currently, the parser is available in a perl module with Perl glue to turn the created tree into a Perl hash tree. The module name is XML::Bare.
What's New in This Release:
· Basic mixed XML with comments is now supported.
· The parsing engine has been rewritten in C instead of C++.
· Hash creation is now done in XS instead of Perl.
· A number of additional functions have been added for ease of use.
· The test suite has been updated, and there are a number of small fixes.