PyLucene is a GCJ-compiled version of Java Lucene integrated with Python via SWIG.
PyLucene goal is to allow you to use Lucene's text indexing and searching capabilities from Python. It is designed to be API compatible with the latest version of Java Lucene.
PyLucene is supported on Mac OS X, Linux and Windows. Binaries for PyLucene are available below. See the INSTALL file for information about building PyLucene from sources.
To build PyLucene from sources, please see the INSTALL file.
To install PyLucene binaries you just downloaded:
- install the files in the python directory into python's site-packages directory
- if you downloaded binaries with Berkeley DB support, install the files in the db directory into the directory containing your Berkeley DB shared libraries, such as /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib
- if you are installing Unix (Mac OS X or Linux) binaries, install the files in the gcj directory into /usr/local/lib
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· using Lucene 3.0.2 sources
· PyLucene built with JCC 2.6