Qt Creator 3.3.0
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Qt Creator 3.3.0:
- This release comes with a great set of new features as well as a big amount of bug fixes.
- Other features include support for the Gradle build system for Android development, a refactoring action for adopting the new connect style in Qt 5, BareMetal support for CMake projects, and an option to use the Qt Quick Compiler for your Qmake based QML projects. Please also see our change log for a more complete list of changes.
- For users of the Professional or Enterprise edition, we added experimental support for running the Clang Static Analyzer on your projects, as a new tool in Analyze mode. The scene graph events category in the QML Profiler has been significantly improved and will now visualize the time ranges of all scene graph related events instead of showing them as a list of numbers. You can also see input events in the QML profiler now, in a separate category. In Qt Quick Designer we added direct editing of TabViews, and additional checks for form files (.ui.qml) as well as buttons for exporting form items for use in the implementation files.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- LGPL v2 (GNU Lesser General Public Lic...
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Nokia Corporation
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Text Editing&Processing \ IDEs
It is comprised of a visual debugger, a forms designer and an integrated GUI (Graphical User Interface) layout. The program is engineered in such a way that it can be used by experienced and novice Qt programmers alike.
Features at a glance
It features a code editor with support for QML, C++ and ECMAscript, rapid code navigation tools, code completion, syntax highlighting, static code checking, and support for source code refactoring. In addition, it provides users with style hints as they type, context sensitive help, code folding, as well as parenthesis selection and matching modes.
The integrated C++ visual debugger is capable of displaying Qt’s data in a human readable format, thanks to its awareness of Qt classes’ structures. Additionally, it can display GNU debugger’s raw information clearly.
Under the hood and supported platforms
Being written in Qt, the application is platform-independent, supporting Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. It has been successfully tested with both 64-bit and 32-bit instruction set architectures.
On Linux, it is distributed as native installers for the 64- and 32-bit hardware platforms, as well as a source archive that can be configure, compiled and installed on any Linux distribution.
All in all, the Qt Creator project is a very useful utility for existing and upcoming Qt developers who are looking for one of the best solutions to deploy modern and uncluttered user interfaces for their applications.
Qt Creator was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on December 10th, 2014