Pieces of Flare is an Eclipse Plugin which allows (J2EE) developers to synchronize source directories within their project to deployment directories on the AppServer.
Pieces of Flare plugin is written to allow automatic deployment of JSP files whenever they are saved, but it can be used for any file type.
Pieces of Flare only runs on files that are saved. With a custom ant builder you inflict the startup cost of ant within Eclipse, and Pieces of Flare knows what the changed deltas are - which a custom ant builder might not.
We were looking for a name that had something to do with Eclipse, and Flare came to mind. We were also talking about Office Space that day so it seemed like a decent choice.
Currently, the number one need is to develop some UI to do the XML configuration. If you would like to help out with that, contact one of the developers in the forums.
What's New in This Release:
· This version adds support for the scp file copy protocol for copying files to remotely located hosts.
· Also, there are improvements to the logging.
· It seemed that some people had trouble typing the fromDir and toDir paths.
· A simple check to see if these paths exist has been added.
· Hopefully this will make it easier to debug a configuration.
· Also, the debug attribute can be set to false to suppress info level logging once everything is working.