Open Komodo application, based on the award-winning Komodo IDE, is a new initiative to create an open source platform for building developer environments. We have open-sourced elements of Komodo Edit, our free multi-language editor for dynamic languages based on Komodo IDE, to create the Open Komodo code base.
Here are some key features of "Open Komodo":
· It's free as in speech
· It's focused on development using dynamic languages and Internet technologies
· It's built using web-based technologies and dynamic languages
· It's an established product, ready to use
· It allows you to work the way you want to
· It's built for developers by developers
· It has in-depth support for multiple languages
· It is easy to get involved and every user can have a positive effect on the future of Open Komodo
Komodo Snapdragon & the Open Web
Komodo Snapdragon is an open web and open standards initiative of ActiveState using Open Komodo. The open web concept advocates user freedom and choice, encourages decentralization and community, and ensures the viability of non-proprietary web technologies.
Komodo Snapdragon aims to be a full-featured open-source web development tool be built in collaboration with the open source community, and integrated with Firefox, Mozilla's free, open source web browser.