Leo is an outlining editor for programmers, a general data management environment and a project manager & browser.
Here are some key features of "Leo":
· A general data management environment.
Leo shows user-created relationships among any kind of data:
· computer programs, web sites, etc.
· Leo shows multiple views of data within a single outline.
· An outlining editor for programmers.
· Leo supports optional noweb and CWEB markup.
· A flexible browser for projects, programs, classes or any other data.
· A project manager.
· Portable. Leo runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
· 100% pure Python.
· Fully scriptable using Python Leo's outline files are XML format.
· Open Software, distributed under the Python License.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Cached external files *greatly* reduces the time to load .leo files.
· Leo now features a modern Qt interface by default. Leo's legacy Tk interface can also be used.
· New --config, --file and --gui command-line options.
· Leo tests syntax of .py files when saving them.
· Leo can now open any kind of file into @edit nodes.
· @auto-rst nodes allow easy editing of reStructuredText files.
· Properties of commanders, positions and nodes simplify programming.
· Improved Leo's unit testing framework.
· Leo now requires Python 2.5 or later.
· Dozens of small improvements and bug fixes.