Geode is an Integrated Development Environment designed to facilitate development in the ESI Objects system under linux.
ESI Objects is an object-oriented, open-source database design and development platform which--until now--required a Windows-based Client (IDE) for actual code development.
An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the ESI Objects language (object-oriented MUMPS) that works on linux and other UNIX-like Operating Systems.
GEODE is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the ESI Objects system, and is designed to replace the existing Windows-only ESI Objects client IDE.
GEODE was developed from scratch, and is NOT a port of the open-sourced Windows IDE.
It is written in C, and requires GTK2+, GLIB, GNOME, and other standard libraries found on GNU/Linux and other popular operating systems.
This project consists of a fairly stable, working codebase that the author currently uses for his own development of ESI Objects (EO) code, yet which is under VERY active development to bring it in line with (and beyond) the feature set of the existing Windows-only IDE.
Here are some key features of "Geode":
· The Library and Class browser
· Property and Method editor windows
· Server Settings window
· Symbol Dump window (MUMPS/ESI Objects Command Interface)
· Object Documentation Pane (read-only at this point)
What's New in This Release:
· Bug-fix release:
· Geode now uses significantly less memory
· 0.2.4 is better than 0.2, but I've forgotten exactly what I fixed way-back-when. Just try it!