A powerful open-source, cross platform code editor for the C/C programming languages.
CodeLite uses a sophisticated, yet intuitive interface which allows user to easy create and build complex projects
- Generic support for compilers
- Can be easily extended with plugins (Several plugins are already included in the installer)
- Built-in GDB support, with the following features included:
- Watches table - add persistent watches by a single click
- Quick Watch - right click on a variable to expand it
- Locals tree - automatically displays the current stack variables (also displays *this if available)
- Threads view - provides list of currently running threads and easily switching between then by single click
- Breakpoint management - add/remove breakpoint management panel
- Automatic tooltip
- and more...
- Subversion plugin (based on the command line tool), which mimics the TortoiseSVN (but unlike it, it runs on Linux as well)
- Makefile based build system
- Project explorer (Workspace view)
- File Explorer
- Automatically imports MSVS workspace/projects and converts them to GNU based makefile
- Active document outline
- Sophisticated database based Code Completion mechanism, a default database is supplied which contains symbols for wxWidgets, STL and standard headers
- Function's call tip
- Hover tip
- Comments tips
- Members List
- Supports C templates, namespaces and other advance features of the language
- Automatically add include statement for symbols
- Quickly open resources in the editor using 'Find Resource in workspace'
- Quickly open types in the editor using 'Find Type in workspace'
- XML based syntax highlighting, comes with the following:
- Diff files
- Text Folding
- Find In Files
- Replace In Files
- Highly Configurable
- Built-in doxygen comment generator for functions/classes
- And much more...
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0.2841
- Fixed: Conditional breakpoints don't work with spaces (bug#2743414)
- Implemented FR#2739818: Replace with selection the searched string when using 'find in files' is now also set as the 'replace with' string. In addition, each time a replacement is made, the content of 'replace with' is added to the 'replace with' drop down
- Added new option to the debugger: set breakpoints using short file names (NO full paths) this fixes a bug reported in the forum that codelite does not break if a breakpoint is set in header file which is a template file (forum post: http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=493)
- Commented code that printed 'garbage' to sterr