prbeditor is an editor for Java property resource bundle files.
In contrast to other similar tools, it shows the keys and values of several languages at the same time in a spreadsheet, giving a global view of the resource files. The tool relies on the application of regular expresions to organize the keys and filter the visibility of the files.
Here are some key features of "prbeditor":
· Allows the modification of multiple language files at the same time. These laguages are shown in a table with keys as row headers and languages as columns.
· Filtering of keys according to a regular expression. The filters can be stored for later use
· Line coloring according to user-defined patterns
· Simple embedded translator for simple common words like File, Copy or Cancel. The default included languages are English, Catalan and Spanish
· Spell checker, which can be enabled/disabled and configured to check only those rows that match user defined patterns.
· The user can create special tools, InsChar tools, which have a string attached. Everytime the user activates one of those tools, the string attached is inserted into the cell currently being edited. Very useful when your keyboard does not accomodate to the languages you are translating to.
· Multiple views, each one with its own filter
· Shows internationalized text as it would be seen in the program
· Supports comments.
· Supports Copy/Cut-Paste operations of multiple lines.
· Supports Undo/Redo.
· Supports Find and Replace.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds printing of view contents and minor UI enhacements.