PlEd is intendet to help to automate tasks of Textmanipulating, which are to special, to be found in ordinary ediors.
The project is mainly an interface to be easily extended with own plugins. Some plugins are shipped for demonstration and stimulus.
To be true, I have to admit, that I would prefer to see my prefered editors to provide such functionality, instead of using two editors.
Here are some key features of "Plugged Editor":
· PlEd is written in Java.
· is copyright under the GPL .
· is meant for hackers, coders, professionals.
· comes with commented source.
What's New in This Release:
· A configurable interface was added to change the meaning of buttons for inverse meanings.
· Performance and memory usage were improved by using StringBuffer instead of Strings.
· The license was changed to GPL 3.0.
· Minor improvements were made to the IndentationPlugin and Tab2HtmlPlugin plugins.