nethack-el is an Emacs major mode for playing Nethack.
Separate buffers are used for the map, status, messages, and menus. It features customization of keys and colors and user programmable hooks on game events. It supports GNU Emacs 20/21 and XEmacs 21, with graphical tiles on *Emacs 21.
Here are some key features of "nethack el":
· Customizable keys
· Customizable colors
· Event hooks
· All the beauty that comes with Emacs
· Play on remote nethack-el servers
· NetHack 3.4 (required)
· Emacs 20.3 (recommended)
· XEmacs (Default branch) (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· support for Slash'EM 0.0.7e7 and nethack 3.4.3
· support for connecting to a nethack-el server
· bug fixes