Zile is Lossy Emacs 2.4.7
An Emacs clone.
Zile project is a small Emacs clone. Zile is a customizable, self-documenting real-time open-source display editor. Zile was written to be as similar as possible to Emacs; every Emacs user should feel at home.
- It is very useful for small footprint installations (like on floppy disk) or quick editing sessions. A typical binary is about 100Kb.
- 8-bit clean:
- Zile can operate with binary files.
- Looks like Emacs:
- Most Zile key sequences and function names are identical to Emacs ones.
- Multi buffer editing with multi level undo:
- The number of files and undo operations that Zile can handle is limited only by memory.
- Multi window:
- Zile can display multiple windows on the screen.
- Killing, yanking and registers:
- The standard killing, yanking and register features of Emacs are available under Zile.
- Minibuffer completion:
- Zile can complete commands and filenames in the minibuffer.
- Auto fill (word wrap):
- Zile automatically breaks the lines when they become too wide (if the Auto Fill Mode is enabled).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixes a potential crash and a cosmetic bug in global-set-key when used interactively.
- Adds many more tests.