Ropemacs is a plugin for performing python refactorings in emacs. Ropemacs project uses rope library and pymacs.
You should install rope library before using ropemacs.
Here are some key features of "Ropemacs":
Supports many of the refactorings that are supported by rope library:
· Extract method/local variable
· Move class/function/module/package/method
· Inline method/local variable
Other refactoring-related features
· Previewing refactorings
· Undo/redo refactorings
· Showing refactoring progress
· Goto definition
· Show pydoc
· Organize imports (remove unused and duplicate imports and sort them)
· Generating python elements
What's New in This Release:
· The ropemacs-guess-project variable and ropemacs-run-module command were added.
· Line number is shown in the *rope-occurrences* buffer.
· "Go to occurrence" in XEmacs was fixed.
· Showing messages that contain percent signs was fixed.