GNU EMMS 3.0
GNU EMMS is the Emacs Multimedia System.
The fact that EMMS is based on external players makes it powerful, because it supports all formats that those players support, with no effort from your side.
Here are some key features of "GNU EMMS":
· Free Software (as in Free Speech, and Free Beer)
· Very light (some might even say stealth)
· Audio support : MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC
· Video support : MPEG, WMV, MOV, AVI, OGM, MKV, etc...
· Tagging capability, possibly batched
· Playlist management
· Remotely drivable via emacsclient (playlist creation via rox-filer, for example))
· And last but no least : Written in Emacs lisp.
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes a large amount of new features, and is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.