Autotoolset is both a collection of small tools (scripts, emacs macros, etc.) to simplify project development with autoconf/automake/libtool/texinfo/emacs and a good documentation on how to get started on these tools and the whole GNU software model.
Here are some key features of "Autotoolset":
· Automatic generation of legal notices that are needed in order to apply the GNU GPL license
· Automatic generation of directory trees for new software packages, such that they conform to the GNITS standard (more or less).
· Some rudimentary portability framework for C++ programs. There is a lot of room for improvement here, in the future. Also a framework for embedding text into your executable and handling include files accross multiple directories.
· Support for writing portable software that uses both Fortran and C++.
· Additional support for writing software documentation in Texinfo, but also in LaTeX.
· A manual introducing both Autotools and the GNU build system in a unified task-oriented manner.
What's New in This Release:
· doc/tutorial/basic_concepts.texi: written the section ``Hello world with an attitude''.
· src/acmkdir/acmkdir.sh: up to date with current automake