xterm XFree86 184.108.40.206
xterm is a terminal emulator for the X Window System.
If the underlying operating system supports terminal resizing capabilities (for example, the SIGWINCH signal in systems derived from 4.3bsd), xterm will use the facilities to notify programs running in the window whenever it is resized.
What's New in This Release:
· increase color pairs value for xterm-256color and xterm-88color to match ncurses, which has an experimental option to support this.
· modify ifdef's to make AIX use termios rather than termio; the struct sizes for the two were not the same.
· improve CF_WITH_IMAKE_CFLAGS configure macro script for OSMAJORVERSION and OSMINORVERSION values, e.g., for Tru64 and AIX.
· modify ifdef to define USE_POSIX_TERMIOS for Darwin (patch by Min Sik Kim).
· modify find_utmp() to initialize the whole utmpx struct (except ut_id), since that is needed for OSF1 4.0D to prevent an infinite loop on exit.
· add configure check before adding -D_POSIX_SOURCE since some platforms predefine it, e.g., cygwin.
· add simplified sed expressions in CF_IMAKE_CFLAGS configure script macro to ensure value for PROJECTROOT is quoted on Solaris, i.e., when nested ( and ) are not interpreted correctly.
· correct DEC rectangle operations to reset state after completing the operations.
· modify CASE_ST handling in charproc.c to ensure that the parse state is reset even if xterm is not currently processing an OSC or other string (patch by Johnny Billquist forwarded by Matthias Scheler, NetBSD xsrc/29003).
· fix OS/2 build for innotek_libc (patch by David Yeo).
· fix a regression from patch #197 fix for Debian #277832 which disowned the selection if it was scrolled, e.g., by the user pressing return at the bottom of the screen (Debian #291787).
· move the warning/exit for missing $DISPLAY into the error handler in case -display is given, and the connect fails for some other reason.