niche.sh is an experimental shell written in java and c.
It aims to:
· be platform neutral
· operate multiple machines
· provide a simple efficient command line
niche.sh was written purely out of interest, please try it if you like but don't expect a finished product!
The c component of the shell has been compiled for Linux, Windows, Solaris, Mac OSX and FreeBSD. Results may vary depending on the exact version of your os all the files for all platforms are contained in a single zip file.
· Java Runtime 1.5
What's New in This Release:
· "source host" and "source user" were added to the defaults dialog to allow ssh connections to be routed via an intermediate machine.
· An icon was added to the main window.
· Java 1.6 is used for all platforms except Mac OS X.
· The launch4j launcher was added for the Windows platform.