Soiled is a TELNET client and terminal emulator (VT102, VT100, xterm etc).
The code repository also contains a server designed to test mud clients (TELNET clients in line-by-line mode with extra features) and various mud related protocols.
Soiled is implemented in haXe and it can be run in flash player, version 9 and later, making it a good way to let people easily access TELNET based services via webpages.
Soiled has a few features making it suitable for playing muds, it is able to redraw the input line and the prompt when new text arrives from the server, it has support for macros and it keeps a history of both commands entered and text received.
Unlike many mud clients it also supports char-by-char mode and therefor it can be used to access programs, such as vim, and play games like NetHack (with DECGraphics and all the colour one wants).
The terminal emulator has support for most of the commonly used VT100, VT102 and xterm control sequences. See the Features page for more information.
Here are some key features of "Soiled":
· Uses the TELNET protocol. Understands ECHO, ENDOFRECORD, SUPRESS GO AHEAD, TERMINAL TYPE and NAWS TELNET options, answers DONT/WONT on other options.
· Understands LF and CR like they are supposed to work.
· Has local line editing using the emacs key bindings (CTRL-A, B, D, E, F, K, L, U and W).
· Sends cursor keys, F1-F12, PGUP, PGDN, HOME and END to the server. Cursor keys can be sent in both application and "normal" mode.
· Supports the following VT100/VT102 control functions: SM, RM, DECSET, DECRST, DECSTBM, CUU, CUD, CUF, CUB, CUP, HVP, IND, RI, NEL, DECSC, DECRC, DECPAM, DECKPNM, SCS, SGR, HTS, TBC, EL, ED, DCH, IL, DL, DA, DECID, RI and RIS. DECOM, IRM, LNM.
· Understands xterm's 256 colour sequences.
· char-by-char mode, sort off... When local echo is turned off, it operates in char-by-char mode.
· Works as a client to most MUD servers and one can play nethack with DECGraphics via it. :-)
· Basic scrollback buffer. Use shift + PGUP/PGDN to look at previous output.
· Copy & Paste.
· Aliases/macros. There is basic support for aliases & macros, but nothing fancy yet. Internal commands can be viewed with: /help
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Version 0.46 adds support for displaying tiles for the vt_tiledata patch for NetHack and it adds support for sending escape codes for the numeric keypad.