PowerShell is a terminal emulator for the X11 Window System. If you end up having so many xterms open that you can never find the one you're looking for, PowerShell is for you. It supports many terminal "windows" embedded into a single X11 window, with each one given its own "notebook" tab.
Here are some key features of "PowerShell":
· Full GNOME support.
· Support for many terminal windows in a single window, separated by "notebook" tabs.
· Menu options to open a new tab with various programs running, including bash, tcsh, pine, and emacs.
· Ability to change menu options through ~/.pshellrc as well as the Preferences dialog box.
· Ability to switch terms with Ctrl1, Ctrl2, etc...
· Support for transparency, pixmap backgrounds, etc...
· Full support for color.
· URL handling click on an http:// link and have it automatically open in your favorite web brower! Click on an ftp:// link and have it automatically open in your favorite FTP application! Or click on an email address and have your favorite email program automatically open a new message with the To: field already filled in for you!
· GTK 1.2 or greater and gnome-libs
What's New in This Release:
· Ability to not run the default shell on startup
· Ability to change the scrollbar position or hide it alltogether
· Ability to hide the tabs if only one term is running and then show them automatically when another one is opened.