Terminal window for Cygwin
It can be downloaded from here or it can be installed through Cygwin's setup.exe program, where it can be found in the Shells category. The Cygwin installer creates a shortcut for mintty in the Windows start menu.
Mintty should work on Windows 2000 and above. It gets tested on XP, Vista, and se7en. Similarly to other pty-based Cygwin terminals, however, mintty is not a full replacement for the Windows Command Prompt. While Windows console programs with simple text output are usually fine, interactive programs often do not work correctly, although sometimes there are workarounds.
- Xterm-compatible terminal emulation, including support for modifier keys and application mouse mode.
- Native Windows user interface that tries to keep things simple.
- Support for UTF-8, CJK fonts, and Windows IMEs.
- Drag & drop and copy & paste of text, files and folders. (Files and folders are inserted as quoted filenames.)
- Mousewheel events can be sent as arrow keys. (This allows mousewheel scrolling e.g. in less.)
- Options are stored in a text file. No registry entries.
- Window transparency.
- Program icon created by KDE's Oxygen project.
- Small executable size (currently
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0.3
- Fixed crash when trying to insert or erase out-of-range lines.
- Implemented xterm title stack feature (limited to 16 entries).
- Failure to load a custom program icon now triggers a warning rather than a fatal error.