A fast FrameBuffer based TERMinal emulator.
The FbTerm project is a fast terminal emulator for Linux, with frame buffer device.
- mostly as fast as terminal of Linux kernel while accelerated scrolling is enabled on framebuffer device
- select font with fontconfig and draw text with freetype2, same as Qt/Gtk+ based GUI apps
- dynamicly create/destroy up to 10 windows initially running default shell
- record scrollback history for every window
- auto-detect text encoding with current locale, support double width scripts like Chinese, Japanese etc
- switch between configurable additional text encodings with hot keys on the fly
- copy/past selected text between windows with mouse when gpm server is running
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.5
- added support for text rendering with backround image
- added command-line arguments to customize command executed in sub-window
- added Alt-Fn and all FbTerm's shortcuts support when input method is actived
- added option "-v/--verbose" to show some useful information