A reimplementation of Slackware package manager (pkgtools)
spkg project is a reimplementation of Slackware package manager (pkgtools). Dependencies are not handled as they are supposed to be resolved at the higher level.
- Extreme symplicity. Just like pkgtools.
- Fast installation (approx. 10% faster than tar xzf)
- Fast unistallation (faster than rm -rf)
- Robust implementation. (nearly all error conditions are checked)
- Rollback functionality. (no file left behind policy ;-))
- Full compatibility with legacy Slackware package database.
- Everything is libified. (see docs) You can implement new commands easily.
- Easy access to the package database thanks to libification.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version has an updated autotools build system and a few fixes from users.