NUU comes from Network Update Utility and is a graphical user interface which allows a user to make modifications to the installed rpm packages on a system.
Here are some key features of "nuu":
· Install new packages or update existing packages by downloading them from a yum repository
· Remove existing packages.
· Configure set of repositories from which to obtain new and updated packages.
· Examine installed packages or packages available for installation or update
· Install, update, or remove groups of packages
· Install or update suites of packages
· qt4 libraries and development files
To build the tool, execute the following:
To install the tool, execute the following as root:
To build an rpm, execute the following:
To run the tool in the build environment without installing it, execute the
What's New in This Release:
· The repository editor was redesigned to support smaller displays.
· Support was added for openSUSE 10.2 and Fedora 7, 8, and 9.
· Support was added for yum 3.x.y.
· The --enablerepo and --disablerepo options now support wildcards.