mpt-status is a query tool for accessing the running configuration and status of LSI SCSI HBAs. mpt-status is a heavily modified version of the original mpt-status-1.0 tool written by Matt Braithwaite.
It allows you to monitor the health and status of your RAID setup. Currently supported and tested HBAs are the LSI 1030 SCSI RAID storage controller and LSI SAS1064 SCSI RAID storage controller.
Since the tool uses the MPI (message passing interface), chances are high that the basic information regarding RAID status will be available for all LSI-based controllers.
What's New in This Release:
· This is the first release with proper 64-bit support and mostly clean interface querying.
· The mpt-status(8) man page has been added.
· Preliminary work has been done on integrating S.M.A.R.T information in the report output.
· This would allow one to monitor for failing hardware and preemptively replace it without business interruption.
· This information can be queried via the --newstyle/-n parameter.
· The new style parameter also provides you with the percentage status of the synchronization after a degradation.