lsd mount utilities project assist in setting up (creating) and mounting encrypted loopback file systems in Linux 2.4 and 2.6.
They also enable users (not just root) to mount encrypted file systems if appropriate entries have been added to /etc/fstab.
What's New in This Release:
· The installation footprint has been reduced by a factor of around 2.3.
· Formerly separate programs have been gathered into a single one.
· The name under which the program is installed was changed.
· The tool verbosity was greatly reduced (since standard error is now suppressed for most of the probing with external tools).
· To get a partial trace of the things happening internally (e.g. which external programs are invoked) you can now set the environment variable lsd_lama_trace=verbose.