linuxptp is an open source command-line tool that implements PTP (Precision Time Protocol) in Linux, according to IEEE standard 1588.
linuxptp is designed to provide a robust implementation of PTP, while using the most modern and relevant API (Application Programming Interface) offered by the Linux kernel.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Automatically enabled PPS output from a PTP Hardware Clock.
· CLOCK_DESCRIPTION and USER_DESCRIPTION management messages.
· Fixed message alignment for armv5 machines.
· Leap second handling.
· More reliable transmit time stamps.
· Support multiple fault types.