gnome-volume-manager is a desktop-level daemon that enforces volume-related policy in response to events received from HAL. Its goal is to implement all functionality as a state-machine in response to asynchronous events from HAL.
gnome-volume-manager is one component in a larger plan to fully integrate all levels of the Linux system, from the kernel on up through the desktop and its applications.
gnome-volume-manager comes in two parts:
- gnome-volume-manager: the manager daemon itself
- gnome-volume-properties: the control panel applet, for configuration
· libhal-0 (from HAL 0.5.0 or later)
· libdbus-1 (from D-BUS 0.31 or later)
· libdbus-glib-1 (from D-BUS 0.31 or later)