checksysreport project can perform some automatic tests against a directory containing an untarred Red Hat Enterprise Linux sysreport.
You will need a valid Red Hat Network login in order to use it, as it fetches information from RHN using the RHN API (see https://rhn.redhat.com/rpc/api/).
A graphical tool, yadarh, is also included: it uses the cache generated by checksysreport to display RPMs in a given channel and lets you browse them to have a list of errata and new entries in changelogs that come with other versions of the same package.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· coping with funny lsmod output.
· telling explicitely there’s something wrong with installed-rpms
· when dying because it cannot be parsed.
· checksysreport_wrapper.py now use mandatory plugins if any are set.
· Fix some issues where ‘package_release’ can not be converted from
· ascii to unicode. Thanks to Niels de Vos.
· RHEL6′sosreport are supported \o/
· RHEL3 base channel changed to ELS channels in yadarh.
· using pgdb instead of _pg so there s no need to escape sql sentences.
· Both checksysreport server and client are now only supported on RHEL6.
· download_rhn_package rename downloaded file without long url extension.
· plugin’s “package” hook is ran even when the current installed package
· version/release does not exist in the current channel.
· configuration setting can end up with a space.