Virt Install is a command line tool built on top of libvirt that facilitates installation of virtual machines. Virt Install project supports installation of fully-virtualized Xen guest machines for arbitrary operating systems and installation of Xen paravirtualized Fedora/RHEL operating systems.
The tool takes care of fetching the guest kernels, creating file based disk images, and booting the guest operating system installer media.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The --graphics spice option now enables spicevmc and qxl.
· The --disk parameter io=native|threads was added.
· The --vcpus option can not specify topology and maxvcpus.
· The --cpu option was added for configuring CPU model and features.
· The --graphics option was added to unify --vnc, --sdl, and spice configuration.
· The --print-xml option was added to skip installation and print XML.