Ubuntu Start 0.4.9.9
Ubuntu 10.04 Start Script
- Zenity for a GUI
- Adds extra repositories: Ubuntu restricted, extras, Medibuntu, Getdeb, Dropbox (only if you select to install Dropbox)
- Installs from repositories: The GIMP, Pidgin, WINE, Chromium browser, Gnome Do, Guake, VLC media player, Mplayer, SMplayer, Thunderbird, Dropbox, Codecs (multimedia, java, flash), additional archives support, DVD support and fonts, Ubuntu Tweak, Deluge Torrent, CompizConfig Settings Manager, Development tools (from build-essential to Subversion, GIT and so on).
- Downloads and installs the following: Google Chrome browser (will download the build for 32 or 64 bit, depending on your Ubuntu version), official smiley themes for Pidgin (for all the protocols), the latest Flash Player for 64bit via Adobe's website, Skype (32 or 64bit, depending on your Ubuntu version).
- Move window buttons to the right (Karmic style) Change Update Manager behavior to the one in Jaunty
- Remove mounted drive icons from desktop
- Disable the GDM login sound
- Enable the icons in menus and buttons
- Disable the GDM login user list
- Remove the ubuntu-docs package (frees up 252MB)
- Change Gnome Calendar first day of the week from Sunday to Monday
- Downloads, installs and configure sharp fonts
- Fix 'apt-get update' delay for Google repository
- Automatically mount NTFS drives on startup
- Automatically accepts the JAVA license so you don't have to
- The Medibuntu server is currently down which made me develop a new feature: the script now tests the main Medibuntu server and 2 other mirrors and adds whichever of these 3 is working.
- Lots of checks to make sure you run the script proprely: will check if the script is ran as root, if Synaptic, apt-get, dpkg or Software Center is running and will ask you to close it before running the script, checks the internet connection to make sure you can actually install the packages, etc.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added more languages