Tea4CUPS project is similar in functionnality to the GNU/Linux tee command, but available as a 100% plug and play generic CUPS backend wrapper.
Tea4CUPS is the Swiss Army's knife of the advanced CUPS administrator, and can easily replace or extend most of the existing specialized CUPS backends (pdf, email, ftp, etc...)
You are greatly encouraged to use this software instead of writing your own CUPS backends : Tea4CUPS will let you plug your own scripts, filters, tools, or commands wherever you want, while giving them access to all the print job's characteristics in a consistent way.
Tea4CUPS is a 100% Python written standalone script distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License of the Free Software Foundation.
Tea4CUPS provides three ways to launch commands :
filters : A filter can modify the input datas before they are sent to the printer or made available to the pre and post hooks defined below. Currently a single filter can be defined per print queue.
prehooks : these are guaranteed to be launched before the print job is sent to the real printer. Any prehook which exits -1 can cancel the print job. Any number of prehooks can be defined for a particular print queue.
posthooks : these are guaranteed to be launched after the print job has been sent to the real printer, unless the job was previously cancelled by a prehook. Any number of posthooks can be defined for a particular print queue.
What's New in This Release:
· Access to the same printer devices by different print queues or print servers is now serialized to avoid problems.
· Support for CUPS 1.2.x and higher was improved.
· The administrator can now stop tea4cups with SIGINT.
· A configurable retry directive in the configuration file gives you more control over what to do when the real CUPS backend fails.
· The documentation and sample configuration file were improved.