SysCP (System Control Panel) is an ISP server management tool for Web-based administration of a Web server (Apache), mail server (Postfix, Courier), FTP server (ProFTPd), database (MySQL), and nameserver (Bind).
The project was founded in autumn 2003 by Florian Lippert and was published on June, 15th 2004 under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL). SysCP is developed for use with Debian, but with some modifications it should run on every server system.
Here are some key features of "SysCP":
· managing email accounts with catchall-function
· managing email forwarders
· managing subdomains
· managing mysql databases
· managing additional ftp account
· managing of passwords
· managing password protections for directories
· managing path options for example directorylisting and own error-documents
· access to webmail(if installed)
· access to PHPmyAdmin(if installed)
· language preference (german, english, french, catalan, chinese, spanish, portuguese)
· managing of resellers: you can define -like how you do with customers- all ressources that are available for an additional Admin. Also you can define if resellers can see all or none of domains/customers
· managing of customers: you can define exactly what kind of resources your customers get (e.g. amount of pop accounts, amount of mysql databases etc.)
· manage domains: you can individualy edit zone files and directory index per domain as well as further manipulations of Apache directives via own vhost-Settings
At the moment SysCP supports the following daemons by default:
· webserver: Apache 1.3 with PHP4
· mail transfer agent: Postfix
· pop/imap server: Courier
· ftp server: ProFTPd
· database server: MySQL
· nameserver: Bind9
· traffic accounting and statistics: Webalizer
· Postfix, Courier and ProFTPd will be configured to get their user information directly from the SysCP database. You don't need to add and maintain local users to get this daemons to work. Apache and Bind will be configured through two configuration files (/etc/apache/vhosts.conf and /etc/bind/syscp_bind.conf).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Double menu entries for Billing were shown.
· The APS menu now shows up again. PHPMyAdmin/WebMail/WebFTP links in the menu now show up again.
· PHP configuration is again editable.
· Several language mistakes in the English language file were corrected.
· Protected areas with lighttpd work again.
· The Awstats configuration page shows all configurations.
· A missing line break has been added to nss-mysql.cnf.
· A database query error by searching for a ticket on the categories page has been fixed.
· Resellers weren't able to manage instances of their customers.
· The autoresponder cron script didn't run because of short tags.