Slax Tools project are graphical applications that simplify process of generating custom version of live distribution Slax.
Slax Konfigurator is QT application that guides user through downloading Slax ISO image, management of modules, management of custom documents and bootloader configuration. Modified ISO can be installed on USB pen drive or recorded on CD. Slax Konfigurator requires QT, kdesu, sudo, cdrecord or wodim
Slax Module Kreator converts RPM (Red Hat, Fedora, Mandriva), DEB (Debian, Ubuntu), TAR.GZ (Arch Linux) and TGZ (Slackware, KateOS) binary packages into Slax modules. Slax Module Kreator depends on KDE 3.5, mksquashfs and rpm2cpio (RPM only), dpkg (DEB only) and tar (TAR.GZ and TGZ only).
What's New in This Release:
· Slax Konfigurator: completely rewrittten custom files management. User can now use rootcopy to place his or her files anywhere in Slax file system
· Slax Konfigurator: some long methods has been splitted
· Slax Module Kreator: added option to extract modules
· Slax Module Kreator: added option to convert format of modules
· Slax Tools: added compatibility with GCC 4.3