PiSi is a modern package manager for UNIX systems. It has been designed to meet the requirements of the Pardus Linux distribution, and it is not derived from any other package manager.
It is efficient and small. Package sources are written in XML and Python. Fast database access is implemented with Berkeley DB.
PiSi package management integrates both low-level and high-level package operations. Sources can be maintained easily through a version control system as original sources do not have to be copied.
It uses a framework approach to build applications and tools upon. It has both a comprehensive CLI and a user-friendly Qt-based GUI.
Here are some key features of "PiSi":
· Implemented in python.
· All specification and intermediate data is in an XML format.
· Fast database access implemented with berkeley DB.
· Integrates both low-level and high-level package operations.
· Efficient and small
· Framework approach to build applications and tools upon
· Comprehensive CLI and a user-friendly qt-based GUI
· Extremely simple package construction