Nwu is a network-wide update system for systems which use APT for software installation and upgrades.
Nwu project allows an administrator to maintain all relevant network nodes from one central point, using a simple CLI tool.
He or she can install packages in the remote nodes, list pending updates, roll security upgrades, and update the remote machine's APT package cache.
Here are some key features of "Nwu":
· From one central point, the administrator can maintain network nodes using a simple CLI tool (web interface considered but not yet available)
· Install packages in the remote nodes
· List pending updates in the nodes
· Roll security upgrades to nodes
· Update the remote nodes packages cache
What's New in This Release:
· This version is a great leap towards 0.2.0.
· Only SQLite is officially supported for persistence, to ease installation and development, but MySQL and PostgreSQL usage should still be possible.
· Thanks to improvements in the deb package, installing nwu-server is as simple as running "dpkg -i".
· After the administrator answers a few debconf questions, Nwu will be ready for use.
· Many bugs were also fixed.