Nessconnect is an open-source software package that can connect to a Nessus or Nessus compatible server and provides an advanced graphical user interface. It also provides a command line interface, and an application programming interface in Java. Users can create custom scan profiles, generate extensive reports, and perform differential scans and analysis. This project was previously known as Nessj and Reason.
Nessconnect is written in Java, a popular cross-platform programming language. This allows it to run on any host that has support for Java 1.5.x or later. In addition, Nessconnect has been released with platform speciﬁc releases for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X using Eclipse’s SWT libraries in order to give Nessconnect the look and feel of a native client on each platform.
Here are some key features of "Nessconnect":
· Nessconnect provides an alternative interface over the standard Nessus client. It allows the user to customize the scanning preferences and available plug-ins based on a wide range of criteria. In addition to an improved graphical user interface, Nessconnect provides customized session management with templates, allowing the user to create multiple templates for different testing scenarios.
· Reports are generated in XML, and XSLT style sheets can be used to easily produce customized reports, including charts/graphs. Nessconnect also supports vulnerability trending, allowing you track hosts vulnerabilities across multiple scans over a certain period. And if you prefer not to use a GUI, all these features are available via the command line.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Libraries have been updated.
· An incremental garbage collector has been enabled.
· The default heap size has been decreased to 768 MB.
· The default perm. gen. heap size has been increased to 256 MB.
· The launcher for Windows has been simplified to be able to use more JVM options.