An open-source software package that can connect to a Nessus or Nessus compatible server.
Nessconnect is written in Java, a popular cross-platform programming language. This allows it to run on any host that has support for Java 1.5.x or later. In addition, Nessconnect has been released with platform speciﬁc releases for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X using Eclipse’s SWT libraries in order to give Nessconnect the look and feel of a native client on each platform.
- Nessconnect provides an alternative interface over the standard Nessus client. It allows the user to customize the scanning preferences and available plug-ins based on a wide range of criteria. In addition to an improved graphical user interface, Nessconnect provides customized session management with templates, allowing the user to create multiple templates for different testing scenarios.
- Reports are generated in XML, and XSLT style sheets can be used to easily produce customized reports, including charts/graphs. Nessconnect also supports vulnerability trending, allowing you track hosts vulnerabilities across multiple scans over a certain period. And if you prefer not to use a GUI, all these features are available via the command line.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Libraries have been updated.
- An incremental garbage collector has been enabled.
- The default heap size has been decreased to 768 MB.
- The default perm. gen. heap size has been increased to 256 MB.