LucidTool is a software that helps you in configuration and installation of important libraries and codecs needed immediately after the first installation of Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx). LucidTool will also help you later to keep clean and updated your favorite distribution.
LucidTool check if:
- the script is ran as root
- there is an active internet connection, to make sure you can install the required packages, etc...
Here are some key features of "LucidTool":
· Installs all multimedia codecs with one click.
· Keeps the system clean.
· Keeps the system updated.
· Adds and updates automatically GPG keys.
· Restores the original Lucid sources.list.
· Restores the sources.list you had before using LucidTool.
· Installs the latest versions of some useful programs.
· Modifies some system configurations but allows you to restore the default settings.
· Uses the Ubuntu Notification System.
· Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 32-bit
· Only Spanish language is supported for now
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Rewritten some parts of code
· Improved Software section (Added Docky, openshot e shutter)
· Improved Tips & Tricks section (Added Localepurge, trash and home icons)
· Revomed Multimedia section
· One-Click Multimedia is now fully automatic
· One-Click Multimedia now also adds the Getdeb repository
· Added English language
· Now is possible to choose the language