Likewise Open 6.0
Integrated Secure Authentication
Likewise Open is a free, open source application that joins Unix, Linux and Mac machines to Microsoft Active Directory and securely authenticates users with their domain credentials.
- Joins non-Windows systems to Active Directory domains in a single step from the command line or from a GUI
- Authenticates users with a single user name and password on both Windows and non-Windows systems
- Enforces the same password policies for non-Windows users and Windows users
- Supports multiple forests with one-way and two-way cross forest trusts
- Caches credentials in case your domain controller goes down
- Provides single sign-on for SSH and Putty
- Next-generation authentication engine that supports Kerberos, NTLM, and SPNEGO
- No schema changes to Active Directory required
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Even faster Logon: Likewise Open 6.0 significantly improves logon times for users of many groups – in particular, large, complex groups.
- Enhanced password change support: Likewise 6.0 provides users in complex Active Directory topologies – involving multiple forests and a one-way trust – a means of updating a password to comply with network policies.