LAM was built in order to make LDAP management simple for the average users
LAM ignores from the technical details of LDAP and permits users without technical background to manage LDAP entries.
If necessary, power users can still directly edit LDAP entries via the integrated LDAP browser, in a more complete manner.
Here are some key features of "LDAP Account Manager":
· management of Unix user and group accounts (posixAccount/posixGroup)
· management of Samba 2.x/3 user and host accounts (sambaAccount/sambaSamAccount)
· profiles for account creation
· editor for organizational units (OU)
· account creation via file upload
· automatic creation/deletion of home directories
· setting quotas
· support for LDAP+SSL
· multi-language support (English, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese)
· multiple configuration files
· PDF output for user/group/host accounts
· additional text for user PDFs
· supports multiple password hashes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· You can now manage Samba 4 entries (users/groups/hosts) with LAM.
· Zarafa on Samba 4 is also supported (LAM Pro).
· Additionally, the buttons to create/delete entries can be disabled for each account type (LAM Pro).