Kerneler is a BASH script that helps the user to compile the Ubuntu kernel without using the shell but only using a nice GUI.
Now you can choose between a shell based interface or a GTK+ based interface!
Don't be afraid to try compiling the kernel! Kerneler will help you!
WARING! Kerneler works only on debian based distros!
Here are some key features of "Kerneler":
· Downloader. Using the software that you choose, it downloads automatically vanilla sources.
· Extractor. Next it extracts it
· Version Manager. Upgrade or Downgrade your Kernel easily without downloading lots of MB of sources!
· Patcher. You can patch the kernel with ck, mm or beyond patches.
· Configurer. It copies the old configuration of the kernel and runs make menuconfig.
· Compiler. It creates packages from the sources following your indications.
· Installer. It installs automatically the packages generated during the current session or previous ones.
· Hardware Menu. There is also a small menu which lets you check what hardware is installed on your computer, and generates a .html report of it.
· dialog (interface)
· wget (downloader)
· gawk (text manipulator)
· tar (decompress sources)
· bzip2 (decompress sources)
· less (text viewer)
· sed (text manipulator)
· kernel-package (create .deb from sources)
· patch (patch file)
· build-essential (meta-package all compilator needed will be installed)
· fakeroot (create a fake root environments)
· gnupg (for sign control)
· lshw (for generate html page in hardware menu)
· libqt3-mt-dev libqt3-headers (for make xconfig, a qt gui that helps users to configure the kernel)
· libglade0-dev libglade2-dev libgtk2.0-dev (for make gconfig, a gtk gui that helps users to configure the kernel)
· libncurses5-dev (for make menuconfig, a gui that helps users to configure the kernel)
· dh-make (tool that converts source archives in deb package source)
· debhelper (helper programs for debian/rules)
· debconf (Debian configuration management system)
· libstdc++5 (The GNU Standard C++ Library v3)
module-assistant (help to install external modules)
What's New in This Release:
· Few bugs corrected. (Thanks to Gica78R)