Gigolo is a graphical user interface to easily manage connections to remote filesystems using GIO/GVfs. It allows you to quickly connect/mount a remote filesystem and manage bookmarks of such.
It is part of the Xfce Goodies project and the Subversion respository is hosted on the Xfce servers though it does not have any hard Xfce dependencies and can be used on other desktop environments as well. The only hard dependency is GTK2 (2.12 or newer).
GVfs is an userspace virtual filesystem and the successor of GnomeVfs but does not depend on Gnome itself. It only requires a recent GLib version and a properly setup DBus system. Then it provides almost transparent access to remote resources like FTP or SFTP (SSH) connections, SMB (windows shares) or special resources like the Trash (trash://), Burn (burn://) or even accessing your digital photo camera (gphoto2://).
Gigolo itself provides a frontend to manage connections to those resources, to create bookmarks and automatically connecting to bookmarks.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Use SSH/SFTP as default connection type for new bookmarks/connections
· Allow finishing the Connect / Bookmark Edit dialog by pressing Enter
· Improve build system to respect LINGUAS environment variable
· Show an error message dialog if the file-manager command failed to execute
· Remove the preference to select the Volume Manager implementation
· Many minor fixes and improvements