GNS-3 is a graphical network simulator that allows you to design complex network topologies.
To allows complete simulations, GNS-3 is based on two existing projects:
· NS-3 , a discrete-event network simulator for Internet systems, targeted primarily for research and educational use.
· Dynamips, an IOS emulator which allows users to run IOS binary images from Cisco Systems.
This application is an open source product that may be used on multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux, and MacOS X.
- Design of high quality network topologies.
- Emulation of Cisco routers.
- Load-balancing on multiple hosts/hypervisors when in emulation mode.
- Topology import and export.
- Image exports (PNG, JPEG, BMP, XPM).