Getpkg is used to download and install packages for Slackware Linux.
It is menu driven allowing the user to choose program options by entering menu choices. Its menus are generated using the dialog utility. It creates the folder ~/.getpkg and stores configuration options and downloaded packages within that folder.
It requires Slackware and Python.
This software is released under the GPL licence, and comes with no warranty whatsoever.
Here are some key features of "GETPKG":
· Saves configuration options automatically, no config files to edit
· Traceroute mirrors and sorts mirrors by time
· All operations except package installation done as non-root user
· Menu driven using a dialog user interface
· Exclude packages from download & install
· View changelogs & package descriptions
· Support for unofficial packages from linuxpackages.net mirrors
· Copies downloaded files to other machines on network
· Enter list of mirrors from text file
· Check for newer version and upgrade
What's New in This Release:
· Support for Slackware 10.2 was added.