Func is Fedora Unified Network Controller.
You Want The Func
· Have you ever tried to manage a large number of systems with SSH? Have you wanted a better way?
· Have you wanted a way to audit all of your remote commands on all of your systems?
· Tired of writing shell scripts and parsing command output?
· Are you fed up with CIM, WBEM, and complicated systems that prevent you from doing /real/ work?
· Well have we got a solution for you. It's Func.
Here are some key features of "Func":
· Func allows you to manage an arbitrary group of machines all at once.
· Func automatically distributes certificates to all "slave" machines. There's almost nothing to configure.
· Func comes with a command line for sending remote commands and gathering data.
· There are lots of modules already provided for common tasks.
· Anyone can write their own modules using the simple Python module API.
· Everything that can be done with the command line can be done with the Python client API. The hack potential is unlimited.
· You'll never have to use "expect" or other ugly hacks to automate your workflow.
· It's really simple under the covers. Func works over XMLRPC and SSL.
· Any program can use func certificates, latch on to them, and take advantage of secure master-to-slave communication.
· There are no databases or crazy stuff to install and configure. Again, certificate distribution is automatic too.
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes numerous bugfixes, a much improved async implementation, and a look at the future of FuncWeb.