Distributed Access Control System is a complete, light-weight, single sign-on and role-based access control system distributed under an open source license. It provides:
- extended authentication and role-based access control capabilities for Apache-based web services, CGI programs, and virtually any program or script;
- a wide array of flexible, modular, and efficient authentication methods, including two-factor authentication and hardware tokens;
- powerful, rule-based authorization checking that can be applied transparently to any resource or activity (such as web services, web content, and program features) by Apache-based web services and CGI programs, or virtually any program or script;
- an Apache 2.0/2.2 module, suite of CGI programs, and collection of command line tools for Unix-type platforms, such as Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version improves support for Apache 2.4, corrects many problems with dacs.quick(7), and fixes a variety of minor bugs.