Debian Control Center (DCC) is a modular project written in Python. The goal of this project is to enable normal people to configure their Debian system as well as some of the server packages. A second goal of this project is to make the experienced Debian system administrators to configure and change her system, without having to remember a lot of commands and configuration files. On a more implementation level, the project should be able to accept new modules without having to change a single line of code in the main configuration program.
What's New in This Release:
· A program called dcc_wrapper included, a wrapper to launch the dcc as root by presenting the user with a password prompt.
· users module, used to manage users.
· groups module, used to manage groups.
· terminal module, only used if you have python-gnome installed, opens a root terminal.
· Debian menu item included.
· Ability to select whether the items should open as open or closed.