DebUpdate Applet is a GNOME2 panel applet that periodically checks for Debian package updates from a Debian Update Server.
At the interval you specify, the applet will query a Debian Update Server(See the DUS link below) for updated and new packages for your Debian system(you can over-ride the release and architecture if you wish). When new updates are available the applet's panel icon,a Debian "swirl", will rotate.
Configurable options include:
· Update interval
· Check for new packages?
· Check for upgradable packages?
· Check for updated packages?
· Colorize list?
· Debian release(autodetect, stable, testing, and unstable)
· Debian architecture(autodetect, sparc,i386,m68k, etc...)
· Server to query
· GTK+ version 2.8.x
What's New in This Release:
· Do not call GTK+ functions in non-interactive mode;
· Only enable accelerator options if target arch is x86(-64).