Augeas is a configuration API.
Here are some key features of "Augeas":
· An API provided by a C library
· A command line tool to manipulate configuration from the shell (and shell scripts)
· Language bindings to do the same from your favorite scripting language
· Canonical tree representations of common configuration files
· A domain-specific language to describe configuration file formats
· Manipulate configuration files safely, safer than the ad-hoc techniques generally used with grep, sed, awk and similar mechanisms in scripting languages
· Provide a local configuration API for Linux
· Make it easy to integrate new config files into the Augeas tree
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The tree->file transformation can now insert quotes etc. as needed.
· Path expressions support preceding-sibling and following-sibling axes, to, for example, locate a comment just before or after a specific entry.
· A much better lens was provided for xorg.conf along with new lenses for inetd.conf and multipath.conf.
· Augeas now works on AIX.